

It is hard to believe that two years have past since I posted a blog. Time really does fly or I am getting slower.
We made another trip to my hometown, to see family and friends. This trip was really short because of work schedules of my Husband and my Daughter. I am definately going to change the name of my page life isn't too funny lately.
Mother has Alzheimer Disease and since I was home last, has had to give up her home. She now lives with my Sister, in her home. We had to rent a cabin at the lake to spend the week. My other Sister got the cabin and was there when we arrived. It was nice but with the essentials...like camping should be. No TV or phones...except cell phones that everyone had and no ones worked. Incoming or out going calls rarely got through.
Above is the view looking at the lake from the deck of our cabin. It was beautiful...and even though we had only fans...no air conditioner, we were comfortable. Friends and Family came and went to visit us...Mom spent the day and a couple nights with us. I think it reminded her of all those years we went camping when I was a teen. I saw her smile ...and chuckle. Priceless to me !!!
We also made a trip to Cool Springs to show my Grandson all the things that my Daughter loved when she was his age. Mom went too...she worried about my Grandson everytime he was out of her sight. Once a Mom always a Mom. All said it was a nice time ...different than years gone by but still nice. I know that time is short for Mom enjoying our vacation trips home. I am savoring every moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment