Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It is now July of the year 2014..... As I read the post of last few times I posted...pretty trying for me as I wrote...and pretty hard on the reader as they read too. Sometimes life is not easy.... God does not promise easy...only He will be there with you and inside you helping and guiding you ....answering your prayers. Atop is a picture of Mom...taken a month or so ago. She and my Sister and her kids had taken her out to eat....She looks happy. She is now in a Assisted Living home.. My first cousin and her sister-in-law, who is a hair dresser go every week visit and they do my Mom's hair and nails. My other first cousin also goes with her when she can....and interact with her make her smile and bring her treats. She loves her sweets. Mom was never much for all this foofoo....she never wore makeup...or polish, but she has taken a liking to red fingernail polish. Which delights me. A couple of years back we almost lost her...UTI....and then pneumonia and congestive heart failure. We got a call and quickly was on our way to say goodbye to my dear Mother....When she saw us she said some of the first words she had said in days "There you are!" And from that day ...and day after day she improved. One of the most touching and meaningful times was the day she and I sang together "Jesus Loves Me". She had been so weak and the battle she fought to get back on her feet ...and I mean "back on her feet"...was amazing to watch and brings tears to my eyes as I sit here now. I am not sure I would have had that strength. She made it...and she has been doing good ever since, with only a small relapse on the UTI. My Sister in the other blog....with no hair. Is a survivor! She is still living and still with her youngest daughter. I think she has problems that are from the chemo.....but as far as I know...she is cancer free. That was what she was told by her Doctors...but I think she has a hard time believing it and for the following years she lives as if she still is sick. She has cut herself off from the family and I have tried but not spoken to her for a few years now. We were friends on Facebook for a while...but even that was too much contact and she released me from her friends list. So sad... but she is my Sister and God answered our prayers.....and maybe one day she will believe and rejoice that she is alive.
Me I am still kicking .... I have 3 Shih Tzu doggies...and Scamp who is a Parsons Jack Russell....a handful to say the least. I just stay home and care for my home ....and yard. Hubby and I are working on a project in the bathroom....we started two years ago. I may blog about that whole thing one of these days. Hubby is working....Grandkids are growing and grown up. Daughter and hubby are fine. Our weather has been delightful....Other daughter and son-in -law is living in Ohio...don't hear much from them either.(Thank God for FACEBOOK Life is good. Till next time ...hope it is a lot sooner than this last time.

No comments: